Helping Our Next Generation of Young Men and Women
Amethyst Recovery Center offers extensive services to help individuals who are addicted to drugs and alcohol. This center takes a holistic approach to addiction treatment and is all-inclusive so individuals do not have to transfer from medical detox to a rehabilitation center. Amethyst offers all of the services individuals need, so they can overcome their addiction and reclaim their lives.
Amethyst Recovery Center understands the importance of education in the lives of young people. When young people are able to pursue a higher education and make their dreams a reality, they are less likely to fall victim to addiction. Amethyst is proud to offer a $500 scholarship to students attending an accredited college or university.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2019
Winner Announced: June 15, 2019
Amethyst Recovery Center is offering a $500 scholarship to a college or university student who effectively demonstrates a strong aptitude for writing.
Writing skills are essential in many fields of employment, even those that do not center around communication. Those who possess superior writing skills present the professional edge that will help them to be successful in pursuing their dreams of employment.
Even if an employment position is not in the field of communication, possessing a vast vocabulary, a strong understanding of grammar, and a fluid writing ability will enable individuals to use their skills to effectively communicate through email, letters, texts, and other methods of written communication which are required in many sectors of employment.
Amethyst is passionate about helping people succeed in reaching their goals and this is why they are proud to present their scholarship offer. Keeping the importance of strong communication skills in mind, applicants for this scholarship program should submit their 1,000-word essay on one of the following subjects:
UPDATED: We have includes more subjects to write about:
- A research paper on any of the following substances:
- A creative writing topic with tips for staying sober
- A personal experience concerning addiction and recovery
We may feature your submission on our blog for others to read and give feedback on. We look forward to getting a variety of submissions to review.
Requirements to Apply:
- The applicant must be attending an accredited college or university or have been accepted into one.
- The applicant must hold a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- The applicant must have earned their high school diploma or GED.
- Students of all classes of higher education may apply, including those who are working towards their Master’s Degree.
- The applicant will need to submit a 1,000-word essay to [email protected]. The essay format should be in .doc or .pdf.
- The essay should be creative and heartfelt, but should not contain any vulgar or profane language.
- The essay should display the writer’s proficiency in the use of the English language, with superior grammar skills, and a full understanding of the essay topic.
- Once the essay has been submitted, it becomes the property of Amethyst Recovery Center and will not be returned to the writer.
- We reserve the right to include it on our blog with proper attribution.
- All entries must be received by midnight ET on May 31, 2019.
- The winner of the essay contest will be announced on June 15, 2019.
- The essay winner will need to provide proof of acceptance or attendance at an accredited college or university.
- The winner will be notified by email and will have fourteen days to respond. If the winner does not respond within that allotted time, a new essay winner will be chosen.
- All questions should be submitted to [email protected].
All essay submissions should be sent to [email protected].