Table of Contents
- Alcohol Addiction Resources Available To Everyone
- Alcohol Addiction Services And Treatment Options
- Alcohol Counselor and Counseling Services
- Alcohol Detox Services
- Alcohol Inpatient Rehab
- Alcohol Outpatient Treatment Programs
- Alcohol PHP (Partial Hospitalization Program)
- Alcohol Questionnaires for Detoxing and Recovery
- Alcohol Recovery Stages: Days, Weeks, Months, Years
- Alcohol Residential Treatment
- Alcohol Treatment Programs: Inpatient, Outpatient & Resources
- Brain, Body & Emotional Changes During Alcohol Recovery: The Mind & Body
- Drug and Alcohol Recovery Resources
- How to Get Alcohol Help for Yourself or Family
- Medications for Alcoholics
- Picking the Right Alcohol Program
- The Best Alcohol Rehab Guide: Inpatient, Outpatient, Cost & More
How to Get Alcohol Help for Yourself or Family
Unlike other substances, alcohol is available without a prescription and, in many cases, without any limitations on purchase volume. Once alcohol addiction becomes a problem, its effects can be crippling for both the affected individuals and their families.
Moreover, every alcohol abuse addict and every situation is different. That’s especially true with regard to alcohol programs. For example, some AUD victims are prone to binge drinking while others have chronic issues with alcohol use.
Because of this diversity, Amethyst Recovery, one of the leading program centers, does not have a one-size-fits-all alcohol detox program. Instead, our program facility offers a wide array of choices to combat your specific illness. Our vast resources, combined with your determination to overcome addiction, usually leads to positive results in a short amount of time.
The Cause Is Unknown
The problem is not limited to a certain age or socioeconomic groups. No one knows for sure what causes AUD in certain individuals. But we do know that over fifteen million adults in the United States have some form of this illness. Tragically, fewer than 10 percent of these individuals receive any help for their addictions.
Do not put off addiction treatment in an alcohol facility. Especially after the disease progresses, this drug is so powerful that it is almost impossible to quit “cold turkey.” Alcohol abuse is the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States, so the stakes are high for you and your family. The choice is entirely yours. You can continue your addiction, or begin your recovery with a professional alcohol rehabilitation program.
Should I Go through an Alcohol Program?
Without a very thorough assessment, it’s hard to know who would benefit from a substance abuse treatment program. There are so many different kinds of people with so many different kinds of problems.
Most social drinkers do not develop alcohol abuse issues. Typically, these individuals do not even drink to the point of intoxication. Instead, they simply consume alcohol to relax or relieve stress.
What Brings People to Alcohol Program Centers?
Researchers have worked for years to determine alcoholism onset factors. A few prominent ones include:
- Genetics: To a great extent, our genes shape our behavior. While there is no “alcoholism gene,” certain genetic combinations create a propensity toward alcoholism. Even if you have this genetic propensity, treatments for alcohol can still be very effective. So, do not give up.
- Triggers: A sudden traumatic event, such as witnessing a violent act, sometimes leads to excessive alcohol use. The same thing applies to past trauma, such as a difficult childhood.
- Environment: Sometimes, ongoing environmental factors necessitate alcohol treatment. Basically, instead of a one-time stressor or a series of events in the past, ongoing stress provides the trigger. That could be difficulties at work, school, or at home.
Common early warning signs of alcohol abuse include severe hangovers, inappropriate emotional outbursts, blackouts, and other such symptoms of alcohol abuse.
Some Serious Symptoms and Clear Warning Signs
As the substance abuse problem progresses, you may begin losing control of your life. They begin drinking more, and earlier in the day. As a result, the hangovers and other early symptoms begin to impair daily functions. At this point, most of these individuals have a chemical addiction which they cannot overcome on their own. They need professional alcohol treatment.
Late stage alcoholism usually includes things like lost jobs, broken relationships, and overall chaos. In many cases, these individuals are also physically dependent on alcohol. So, an alcohol program center is essentially mandatory. An aggressive aftercare program is usually necessary as well, to help individuals deal with nausea, sleep problems, excessive irritability, and other alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
Looking for Immediate Help?
Speak with a Specialist Now
How Do Alcohol Programs Work?
Many people want to know what an alcohol program is like. Since AUD is a whole-person problem, our alcohol rehabilitation program takes a holistic approach.
To address the medical issues, alcohol programs use of medicines and drugs are sometimes in order. The Food and Drug Administration has approved several medications for this purpose. So, you can rest assured that they are both safe and effective.
Alcohol misuse is also a very unhealthy habit. So, we introduce patients to alternative habits. This part of the drug and alcohol program process does not necessarily involve attending basket-weaving classes. There is no uniform approach here. Instead, during your alcohol program assessment, our counselors learn about your interests. Then, we develop a program that’s tailored for you.
Successful Programs With or Without a 12-Step Program
Most of our alcohol programs also include some form of group therapy. 12-step programs are very effective for many people. But they are not for everyone. So, we offer non-12-step alternatives.
Stress is often a problem as well. To deal with it, our drug and alcohol program center offer things like yoga, Tai Chi, and other physical fitness programs.
What Is Substance Abuse Treatment Really Like?
On a piecemeal basis, these things often fail. So, most alcohol programs have daily schedules which include a mixture of activities for the entire duration of the program. The result is a highly effective rehab program which is also very near you.
Hopefully, you now have a better idea of what happens inside an alcohol program facility. Down below, we will take a closer look at the options available at our world-class facility. First, it’s important to understand that our proven treatment program is for anyone who needs it.
Alcoholics Can Be Anyone, From Young Adults to Senior Citizens
Even in the 21st century, the “skid row alcoholic” stereotype still persists. Unfortunately, these kinds of attitudes prevent some people from getting the help they need at an alcohol treatment center. So, at Amethyst Recovery, we look closely at the different kinds of people with alcohol abuse issues:
- Young Social: About a third of the people with alcohol problems are under 30. Denial is usually very deep in these situations. Even when their professional and personal lives begin to suffer, many young adults are very hesitant when it comes to alcohol addiction treatment.
- Young Antisocial: As the name implies, these individuals started drinking for non-social reasons. Most of these individuals have a family history of alcoholism, and about a third abuse other drugs as well. In these cases, the problems are much deeper. The good news is that young antisocial alcoholics are a little more willing to attend an alcohol detox program.
- Functional: Many older individuals are able to hold their lives together even as their drinking increases. Once again, denial is a serious problem in this group of alcoholics.
Intermediate: Much like their younger antisocial counterparts, these mostly middle-aged individuals usually have a family history of alcoholism, addiction to more than one drug, and a willingness to try an alcohol treatment center.
There Are Programs For All
Alcohol rehabilitation programs are not just for young and middle-aged people. Senior citizens and the elderly may take advantage of these programs as well. At Amethyst Recovery, we adopt programs not only according to age and stage but also to different occupations, such as firefighters and law enforcement. No matter how long you are in our alcohol program, we want your stay to be tailored to your needs.
Understanding what a substance abuser will face, helps not only the patient but the patient’s family as well. With a better understanding of the problem, they are better able to provide the right kind of ongoing support needed for smart recovery. No addiction center “cures” AUD. But, at Amethyst, our wide-ranging hospitalization program puts individuals and families on the path to recovery.
Speak to an Addiction Specialist Now
Why You Should Go through an Amethyst Alcohol Program
Everyone responds differently to the aforementioned genetic and environmental factors. So, the onset and progression of AUD are largely beyond the individual’s control. But alcohol treatment is a lot different. There are many fine alcohol program facilities near you.
As outlined below, that includes options like outpatient alcohol programs and inpatient alcohol programs. These choices may also be Christian or other faith-based programs. In other words, the means to recovery is literally at your fingertips. From our convenient location, we offer a number of different options, including:
- Alcohol Outpatient Program: Especially in early stage AUD, a change in habit goes a long way. For example, the group therapy sessions at our alcohol facility give patients a healthier way to vent their stress. That’s basically what our standard outpatient rehab program is like. Many people can complete this program while they are still working.
- Alcohol PHP (Partial Hospitalization Program): Once the grip of alcohol tightens on a substance abuser, simple outpatient care may not be the best answer. So, our professionals must use somewhat stronger measures to break it. One possibility is a weekday outpatient and weekend inpatient alcohol treatment approach. Patients avoid temptation and get the help they need with a minimal job and family disruptions.
- Inpatient Treatment: Many people benefit from a brief but intensive program. Our inpatient alcohol program usually combines non-medical interventions with medical ones. Such efforts do not just bring recovery to the individual. They may also break the cycle of addiction altogether.
Cutting Edge Intervention
Medical interventions may include cutting-edge treatments, such as deep brain stimulation. Stanford Neurosurgery resident Dr. Allen Ho said that DBS “modulate[s] the reward circuit in the brain to help patients resist the temptation to indulge in a binge and other addictive behaviors.”
In our experience, an alcohol programs success rate is directly related to the steps involved and the patient’s recovery timeline.
Every substance abuser case is unique. There is more involved than a simple inpatient vs. outpatient comparison. Some people respond well to certain stimuli, yet these same initiatives may have little or no benefit for others.
How Much Does an Alcohol Program Cost?
Unfortunately, AUD recovery is not free. In many cases, it may even be a substantial investment. But the investment always brings generous returns.
At Amethyst Recovery, we do our best to ensure that cost concerns never keep people from getting the help they need.
Are Alcohol Programs Covered by Insurance or Medicare?
Just like there is no one-size-fits-all rehabilitation program, there is no uniform price tag for this service. As a rule of thumb, the more intense the treatment, the higher the investment. Medical insurance often covers some, most, or even all of these expenses.
AUD often leads to serious medical problems. Therefore, many insurance companies see the substance abuse clinic near you as a preventative care option. If you have no insurance and must pay for an alcohol program out-of-pocket, we offer convenient arrangements for these non-tax-deductible transfers.
The Availability of Treatment
Treatment is definitely available with or without insurance. Medicare may also pay for all or part of your alcohol program costs. Part A usually covers some hospitalization expenses, and Part D often pays for some medications.
The rules are very complex, and our alcohol treatment counsellors are fully versed in them all. Our alcohol program center accepts most forms of payment, including Medicare.
How Long Do Alcohol Programs Last?
The answer to this question obviously has a significant bearing on how much these centers cost.
Inpatient stays which involve medical interventions are usually the most expensive kind of drug treatment. Low-intensity outpatient stays are usually the least expensive. Most alcohol program plans are somewhere in between.
Too Expensive? Free Options for Alcohol Recovery when you Have No Money
Many people have considerable success with a 12-step or similar program. Check this resource to find a group near you. Another option is to ask your doctor for a covered AUD prescription.
An alcohol program is a way to get your life back. Even if it is expensive, the expense should not get in the way of your recovery. If alternatives are available, our counselors will discuss these options with you as well.
What Happens After the Program?
An alcohol recovery program can be a permanent, life-altering experience. But the statistics are not in your favor. As many as 90 percent of AUD patients relapse within four years.
Will I Relapse Immediately After the Program?
That figure may be a bit deceptive. Typically, if there is a relapse, it is not a serious or long-term problem. In fact, according to one study, “preventive interventions may be indicated to forestall future alcohol problems among individuals who cut down temporarily on drinking on their own.”
Many recovering addicts occasionally fall victim to temptation, but we give them the tools they need to avoid returning to that lifestyle. A local and age/occupation-appropriate AA group is an excellent example. Nevertheless, we understand the issue. Many Amethyst Recovery patients make amazing progress in a cloistered environment. But the same problems await them when they return home.
So, our alcohol program process is a life-altering experience. For this reason, we generally do not allow smoking during the alcohol program. While it’s impossible to complete the program at home, we do give patients take-home tools to help them in their everyday lives.
What Are Some Alcohol Program Success Stories?
There are lots of inspiring stories on our website. People just like you have completely turned their lives around with just a little help from our professional and confidential services.
But the best success story is the one you write. Program results are often eye-popping, in more ways than one. For example, an alcohol program may have a positive effect on child custody proceedings. Overcoming an addiction is proof positive that you are ready to assume more parenting responsibilities.
Take the first step toward freedom from alcohol dependence today, and remember what it feels like to have control of your life.
24/7 Help for Drug & Alcohol Use
If you or someone you love is suffering from the addiction, there is no reason to delay. Start working on a solution today. Our phones are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our staff are trained to deal with drug and alcohol problems of any kind, and will recommend the right treatment for you based on your situation. Call now!