Written by Amethyst Recovery
Amethyst Recovery is a foremost authority on addiction and a trusted online source of substance abuse information. Their expert team of addiction professionals provide well researched content for people in the grip of addiction. All posts are fact checked and sourced.
The Effects of Lortab
When someone uses Lortab, it affects their central nervous system, as is the case with all opioids. Prescription opioids bind to opioid receptors in the central nervous system. They change the sending of pain signals, and the emotional response a user has to pain.
Opioids also cause a slowdown of the central nervous system, which can affect breathing and heart rate. As with other prescription opioids, Lortab is a schedule II controlled substance in the U.S. This means it’s a habit-forming medication and it should only be prescribed for short-term use.
Substance Treatment Options
If someone feels they have an addiction to Lortab or a dependence on the drug, there are substance treatment options available.
- Lortab Rehab Options: There are numerous Lortab rehab options, ranging from inpatient treatment to outpatient programs.
- Lortab Detox: When someone is physically dependent on an opioid, it means they will go through withdrawal if they stop using it. A Lortab detox provides professional medical treatment and monitoring as the drug leaves the system.
- Lortab Residential: Residential treatment is often the first step people take after completing a medical detox.
- Lortab Inpatient: Inpatient rehab for Lortab means that someone checks into a treatment center and they then spend day and night there for a period of time outlined in their individualized treatment plan.
- Lortab PHP (Partial Hospitalization Program): A Lortab PHP is also called day treatment. A PHP program is intensive and requires treatment all day, but participants can leave in the evenings and go to their home, or a sober living house.
- Lortab Outpatient: Outpatient rehab is the least restrictive of all addiction treatment options, and patients don’t have to check into a facility to participate.
- Lortab Treatment Options: Treatment options for Lortab addiction and dependence include medication, therapy or a combination.
- Types of Lortab Facilities: There are numerous types of facilities that treat Lortab addiction including both public and private rehabs, and long-term residential treatment communities.
Looking for Immediate Help?
Speak with a Specialist Now
Speak to an Addiction Specialist Now
24/7 Help for Drug & Alcohol Use
If you or someone you love is suffering from the addiction, there is no reason to delay. Start working on a solution today. Our phones are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our staff are trained to deal with drug and alcohol problems of any kind, and will recommend the right treatment for you based on your situation. Call now!